Where do you want to celebrate your event?
What do you need and for how many?
What type of event?
Exclusively for you
Receive your welcome gift
The design of professional spaces for meetings and conferences is constantly evolving to adapt to the needs of event planners. That’s why the International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) has conducted a study among professionals involved in the development of events or conferences (space managers, suppliers, architects, technology companies and nutritionists from all over the world) to understand customer demands and what they believe the trends will be in the coming years.
The following are some requirements that have been determined for future venues: in order to promote networking they should have flexible spaces with comfortable furniture that makes you feel at home; as well as state-of-the-art technology and Internet access. The latter is a must.
Do you want to know what trends will define Meetings & Events spaces in the coming years? Read this list carefully:
1. Spaces that improve the atmosphere of the meeting. Every detail is important to enhance the guest experience. If the event seeks to boost creativity, a theme can be reflected in the food and drink, the design of the space, etc. If the goal is teamwork, it may be a good idea to move the meeting outdoors and offer another type of space to carry out other activities.
2. Flexible spaces that facilitate networking. Most venues already offer the possibility of arranging the furniture in different ways, but there are other novelties to conform to the demands of event planners: offering seats that encourage informal conversations (sofas, inflatable chairs ...), walls with chalkboards, communal tables, games ... The study emphasizes that designers and providers of spaces should highlight the areas that are outside meeting rooms and make better use of them (corridors, crossing areas ...), as they’re important spaces for attendees. It’s where they relax and socialize with each other.
3. The coffee break is business: It facilitates networking, helps to build relationships and it’s relaxing for guests. It’s best to offer a smaller variety of snacks and they should be healthy and of quality. Also, during a meeting it's better that there are several short breaks than just one long one.
4. The food: local and healthy. There’s a growing trend to offer finger food while standing up so that the guests can move freely and interact with one another. And without a doubt: the food must be a reflection of what is increasingly demanded at events: sustainable, local and healthy.
5. Venues should help to “create experiences”. Presenting a well-designed and modern space is not enough. The professionals who manage the spaces should help the planner make the event a memorable experience for the attendees.
6. Good internet access is essential. It’s the number one priority when organizing multiple events: that the space offers quality broadband. According to the study, in the last few years venue managers have invested in meeting three main technological demands of the planners: good access to internet, video equipment and collaborative technology.
7. Incorporate cutting edge technology for events. A space should offer the possibility of using the latest technologies for events: apps, intelligent registration systems, iBeacon sensors, virtual reality, streaming or online gamification systems ... There is a growing demand for these technologies as they facilitate the participation of attendees, and enhance the overall experience of the event. And in order to have the necessary technology, it’s essential to have excellent access to broadband internet.
If you want to know more details of this report, consult the web of the IACC: http://www.iacconline.org/iacc-meeting-room-of-the-future.
And if you need to organize an event, don’t hesitate to request more information in order to discover our venues. At the NH Hotel Group our priority is that spaces become the perfect place for your events.
I accept the General Terms and Conditions
Follow us on
Subscribe to our blog click here