Where do you want to celebrate your event?
What do you need and for how many?
What type of event?
Exclusively for you
Receive your welcome gift
The use of mobile Event Apps is already a global reality, but how to use them to their full potential is often misunderstood. Franklin Galarraga, CEO of Orquidea Technology Group, the Spanish Partner of Event Mobi, explains the advantages of using these apps to gather information at an event and how these insights benefit future endeavors.
Orquidea Technology Group has been developing technology solutions for Events and the Gamification of them since 2012. Furthermore, the group is global partners with EventMobi, the number one app development platform for events worldwide.
1. What are the advantages of using mobile apps at an event?
There are many advantages but I would highlight the following:
2. What is the added value an app can bring to an event terms of networking possibilities, and for strengthening relationships between the attendees and organizers, before, during and after an event?
3. How do event planners handle data management of mobile applications? Do you believe we are tapping into the potential of the information gathered?
It depends. Just like any other group of professionals, event planners have varying experience and knowledge of data management. During an event, a huge amount of information is produced by statistical analysis modules. For some it’s too much information to sift through and analyze, and they miss out on key learnings. For others, it’s an excellent source of information, revealing insightful data that indicates the most visited presentations, the most viewed areas of the app, most active attendees and their professional profiles etc. Other planners who have strong analytical skills express that this huge amount of information is still not enough to perform their jobs properly. In all cases, the information gathered is analyzed to some degree and the findings applied to future events.
4. What advice do you have for an event planner that is researching Event Apps for the first time? What criteria needs to be considered?
5. What trends do you see on the horizon of the event industry in the near future? Where are EventMobi and Orquidea Technology Group headed?
We’re working on integrating smart pay systems into our apps like Apple Pay, and utilizing augmented reality to present certain types of information within an app. We’re focusing on gathering more data, not only through the way an attendee interacts with an app, but also by using technologies such as E - beacons, NFC and RFID during an event. Then, employing Big Data techniques, we’ll turn this increased flow of information into intelligent data. It can then be analyzed using dashboards that allow deeper understanding of what’s happening at events, allowing deeper analysis and forging stronger observations. Determining the ROI of an event is difficult, but with an increased level of business intelligence, we’re trying to get as close as possible to a functional model.
I accept the General Terms and Conditions
Follow us on
Subscribe to our blog click here